The John Bunyan Boat is not only a lovely way to cruise the river, it's also run by volunteers and raises funds toward expanding and protecting the river locally. More details about the river expansion can be found here. If you would like to join our team of volunteers, then please visit our volunteering page to see the latest opportunities.
We are delighted to announce a series of Socially Distanced Cruises to see in the Autumn on the John Bunyan Boat.
Before you book
To ensure we can comply with Social Distancing guidelines, we are restricting our capacity to 12, which means we can only accept bookings for tables of 2 or 4 people (if your party is an odd number, you will need to round up). Each party must be part of the same support bubble. PLEASE NOTE WHEN YOU BOOK 1 "TABLE FOR 2" YOU ARE PAYING FOR 2 PEOPLE TO COME ON BOARD. WHEN YOU BOOK 1 "TABLE FOR 4" YOU ARE PAYING FOR 4 PEOPLE TO COME ON BOARD.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are only able welcome on board those who;
- are able to board the boat unassisted (or with minimal assistance from a companion)
- can wear a mask for the duration of the trip (except when eating and drinking)
- can sit for a minimum of 1 hour uninterrupted.
Unfortunately, this means we are unable to accept bookings for anyone who would require the lift to board, including wheelchair users, anyone who is medically exempt from wearing a mask, or for small children who would not be able to stay seated for the duration of the cruise. This is to ensure we can protect both passengers and volunteers, and we look forward to welcoming you back on board the John Bunyan Boat very soon. There are no Concession tickets available for these cruises.
You will be asked to complete some screening questions on the day before boarding the vessel, please read the questions below carefully and if you answer Yes to any question, please do not book a ticket. If your circumstances change and you would answer Yes to any of the questions between booking tickets and your cruise date, please give us a call or email as soon as possible to rearrange your cruise.
- Has anybody who lives in your house been diagnosed with Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Have you, or anyone in your household been advised to self-isolate because you have Coronavirus symptoms?
- Have you been advised to self-isolate because you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Coronavirus?
- Are you, or anyone in your household suffering from flu, high temperature, new continuous cough or loss or change to sense of smell of taste?
- Have you been advised to self-isolate because you have entered the UK in the last 14 days?
- Have you been advised to shield by current government guidance because you are at high risk from Coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)?
- Are you travelling from an area currently in local lockdown, or an area defined as an Area of Intervention with advice not to travel by Public Health England?
On the day
You will be asked to confirm that you answer No to all the above questions. If you have to answer Yes, you will not be allowed to board and a refund will be arranged (usually within 5 working days.) Boarding will also depend on a temperature check, carried out by our volunteers.
The wearing of a facemask or covering is compulsory on boarding the boat, and throughout the duration of the trip.
Our Volunteer crew will be wearing all appropriate PPE for yours and their protection.
You will be asked to queue at an appropriate distance while boarding. Please pay attention to signage on the shore.
You will be sat facing the bow of the boat in tables of 2. We have space for 1 table of 4 per trip, you may book this via our website if it is available. If your party is an odd number, you will need to round up, as we won't be able to seat different bubbles next to each other we are unable to sell single tickets.
We have one toilet on board, which will be open during the cruise. We ask that you do not queue to use the toilet. If you are unsure if it is free, please ask a cabin crew member.
Unfortunately, no food or drink will be available to be consumed on board for September cruises. You are welcome to bring a bottle of water if you need to, but please do not remove your masks more than is necessary.
Gift Vouchers are available to purchase via the tab on the right side of the screen all year around and are the perfect gift for family, friends, colleagues or even yourself!
Charter Hires run from April 2021. You can view our Brochure and book anytime here.
Follow us on Facebook (@johnbunyanboat) for news, updates, competitions and much more!
We look forward to welcoming you all aboard the John Bunyan Boat!